[uClibc] ld.so loading "false" libs

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 29 12:23:44 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 04:52 am, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the case.  When you are building software using
> gcc/ld /etc/ld.so.conf is not used to search for additional libraries.

run ld through strace and you'll see that you're wrong (no offense)

this bug plagued me for probably a month or two before i tracked it back to
binutils/ld/emultempl/elf32.em
review that file and you'll see that ld DOES read /etc/ld.so.conf when looking
for libraries that it was unable to find via the hardcoded paths (well, just
for linux-gnu systems it does)

patch i sent before:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/uclibc/40_all_binutils-uclibc-linker.patch
-mike