[uClibc] ld.so loading "false" libs

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Wed Sep 29 07:54:58 UTC 2004

> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 06:22 pm, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Ok, killed, attached the LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT option.
> > I haven't changed the ld.so.* names.
>
> here's a more complete patch ... i'm sure the ldconfig cache support could use
> some more work, but it's a step :)
> -mike

Looks OK from a quick once over, but I still think /usr/X11R6/lib should have
its own config option.

I figured /usr/X11R6/lib was a hack to get X11 going and now that the ldso cache
is working, it should go away. However, since a few system depends on it, uClibc
should keep it for some time under its own config option which should only be possible
to select when the ldso cache is disabled.
One could allow the user to specify which dirs to search during configuration of uClibc. That
will make it easier to support future needs. Comments?

 Jocke