[uClibc] ld.so loading "false" libs

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Sep 28 21:08:08 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 02:24 pm, Erik Andersen wrote:
> it seems that these configuration files
>  really ought to be given different names.

the other problem that would need to be handled is ld in binutils ...

ld utilizes /etc/ld.so.conf on a gnu system to find additional libraries; if
we were to rename this file, we'd have to have a way for ld to know what the
different location of it would be ... otherwise the cache option would be
useful *only* for resolving runtime libraries; compile time linking would be
broken again (and i just fixed it ! :D)

since the RUNTIME_PREFIX is exported via uclibc's header files, perhaps we
could make the name a configurable option and have ld figure it out by
including that file ... of course, this would mean a bigger patch than what i
sent in a previous e-mail :)
-mike