[uClibc] Both libc and uClibc ?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 28 18:38:58 UTC 2004

On Mon Sep 27, 2004 at 07:29:10PM +0200, Guillaume Betous wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm building a complete but minimal Linux system for i386. I wonder if I
> can have both libc and uclibc on my dev machine (and execute both kind
> of applications), or if I have to chroot in the buildroot environment to
> test applications built with uclibc toolchain.

Yes this is possible...
http://www.uclibc.org/FAQ.html#development

	Can I use it on my x86 development system?

	Sure! In fact, this can be very nice during development.
	By installing uClibc on your development system, you can
	be sure that the code you are working on will actually
	run when you deploy it on your target system.

Using a chroot is easier, but installing thing onto your
development system alongside glibc is certainly possible.