[uClibc] [mips]buildroot Softfloat shared error

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Sep 15 02:09:48 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 09:48:24AM +0800, calilon wrote:
>     Who have meet follow error, when you compile uClibc + gcc3.3.4
> toolchain using recent buildroot.
>
>     _eq_df can't be found in libgcc.a ? First stage gcc was configued as
> --disable-shared!
>
>     I found a bug list about gcc, it saids use gcc not ld to avoid " is
> referenced by DSO" error. But, follow flags all sounds good.

When I added gcc 3.4.x to buildroot, I omitted the necessary bits
for soft float toolchains using 3.3.x.  I was actually thinking
about not supporting them at all any more, since I'm no longer
using 3.3.  But last night I added them back in for 3.3.4 and mips,
mipsel, and powerpc.  So grab the latest and try again.

Manuel