[uClibc] crt1.o error during toolchain build

Chris Verges squirrel at headnut.org
Mon Sep 13 05:56:25 UTC 2004

Oleg Girko wrote:

>Looks like the value of STAGING_DIR variable is "/tmp". This is a wrong
>setting. Change to a nonexistent directory or directory which can be removed
>completely. Like "/tmp/toolchain", for example.

I'm actually setting STAGING_DIR to /tmp/i386-linux-uclibc.  Prior to a
compile, this is what I do:

    $ rm -Rf /tmp/i386-linux-uclibc
    $ make CROSS_INSTALL_DIR=/tmp/i386-linux-uclibc

This invokes a Makefile that I wrote to help automate the process of
building an entire distribution.  The cross compiler section does the
following:

    cross:

        mkdir -p ${CROSS_INSTALL_DIR}
        cd ${CROSS_SRC_DIR} && \
            make STAGING_DIR=${CROSS_INSTALL_DIR} \
                 BUILD_WITH_LARGEFILE=false \
                 INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP=true

(More is done, like downloading and unpacking the gcc-3.4.x.tar.gz file
from the uclibc.org website, etc., but this is the gist.)

I have both used the provided kernel-headers and replaced them with my
own.  There is no difference in the end results.  I still get the crt1.o
not found error.

Any other ideas?

Appreciate the help!

chris