[uClibc] [buildroot] Use an already existing toolchain ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Thu Sep 9 21:43:00 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was wondering whether it was possible or not to use an already
existing cross-compilation toolchain to build a root filesystem (with
busybox, gdb and maybe other tools).

Currently, when you use buildroot, it generates both the
cross-compilation toolchain and the root filesystem and associated
softwares. But once my cross-compilation toolchain is installed in my
system and working, I don't need to compile it anymore.

Is it possible to tell buildroot to not build gcc, uclibc and binutils
and to use the already installed cross-compilation toolchain ?

That would allow to compile only the softwares required for the root
filesystem.

I'm not sure my request is very clear. If it isn't, don't hesitate to
ask for more details.

Thanks,

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: kos_tom at sourcecode.de
KOS: http://kos.enix.org/ - Lolut: http://lolut.utbm.info
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7