[uClibc] uClibc++ update

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Wed Sep 1 23:00:06 UTC 2004

On September 1, 2004 06:40 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 05:26 pm, Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
> > I hadn't planned on releasing this for a few more hours of days, but
> > since the discovery of the problem compiling on GCC > 3.4, I had to act.
>
> do you have 3.4.x to test with or you need us to send you feedback ?  i've
> attached an updated build-failure log if you like ...

I do *not* have 3.4.  I'm using Gentoo, and I don't want to go past what is
even in the unstable branch (checking for an update as I type - will update
if possible).  I've done that before and all hell breaks loose.

There are bound to be typos in the code- I've written test applications with
the intent of having them check as much code as possible.  Of course, I can't
test everything all by myself.  I'm working on getting the code to pass the
stlport conformance test (so far so good) but I need to implement a few more
containers to be able tog et the whole thing to compile.

Of course, version 3.3 on checks syntax only on un-instantiated code.  I
assume that 3.4 checks everything.

> the build process seems to abort properly now ...
> -mike

Good to know one thing works right, at least.

*sigh* - no update for GCC.  Any suggestions on what to do?

I hope to release a new version tommorow which fixes all bugs found, plus adds
more features.

Thanks for the bug reports.

-	Garrett