[uClibc] Re: [OT] Re: The naming wars continue...

Måns Rullgård mru at mru.ath.cx
Wed Oct 27 17:27:04 UTC 2004

Grzegorz Kulewski <kangur at polcom.net> writes:

> 5. I am thinking of changing directory structure (and some other
> things) some more... For example placing every package in its own dir
> - like /apps/gcc/3.4.2/<install date>/{bin,lib,...} and placing

I've been placing things in /opt/package/version for quite a while.  I
use a perl script to set the *PATH environment variables to point at
whatever versions I choose for each package.  I patched aclocal (of
automake) to search in directories given by $ACLOCAL_PATH, but the
patch has been ignored for several years, so I'm not expecting it to
be picked up.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com