[uClibc] About the code build and codesize reduce

Shu-Liang Lee shuliang at ms8.hinet.net
Fri Oct 22 17:43:05 UTC 2004

Dear...

Remember I used the glibc and use gcc to compile my source code...

If a library, names "math.a", it provides

add()
minus()
multiple()
divide()
sum()
square()

when I write a main function in hello.c, I use add() function in math.a
only, such as

main()
{
    add()
    return 0;
}

the compiler command, how to do and it could just link the add()
function in the math.a only.
please give me a idea?

gcc hello.c -static math.a

right?

The question when I meet, is dynamic link to statically link...
If I want to use -lpthread -lstdc++ -ldl to static

armeb-linux-uclib-gcc hello.c math.a -static -lpthread -lstdc++ -ldl

it seems that the codesize is summation of the pthread, stdc++ and
dl....

How to reduce it? I try to add -O2...I want to reduce more....

Please give me more suggestions...thanks.

Regards,
ShuLiang