[uClibc] Re: crt unacceptable "fix" removal

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Oct 15 22:05:38 UTC 2004

On Fri Oct 15, 2004 at 11:55:16PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> True for cross environment, but not for a native uclibc env, where any of
> these are useless (they are already done)

You keep talking about cross vs native.  I'm not certain that I
understand why.  If you are building uClibc on a native uClibc
system, typical usage would be the same, except skipping the
parts about binutils and gcc:

    1) build uClibc
    2) install uClibc
    3) build uClibc utils
    4) install uClibc utils

> The only thing is: update uClibc and the utils. What remains is:
> package twice, once build uClibc w/ utils and package/install, after that
> build only utils, package/install

Would it be simpler if the utils were split out into an entirely
separate package?  They are effectively separate already.