[uClibc] How to build uclibc toolchain with buildroot?

Mitch Davis mitch.davis at opennw.com
Thu Oct 14 10:04:24 UTC 2004

> Hi Davis,
>    Thank you very much for your help. But sorry I am a newbie
> to Linux and cannot understand very well.

I think you're going to have trouble.  I had to patch uClibc in many
places to get it to compile.  I sent my patches to the mailing list
but they were ignored.

> I first copy the script you
> write to a file
> and names it fake-wget, put it in the /buildroot/ path. And
> then I lookup
> the Makefile to find "wget", there is no this word. I find in
> the Config.in
> there's several line:
> config BR2_WGET
>         string
>         default "wget --passive-ftp"
> I changed "wget --passive-ftp" to "/usr/src/buildroot/fake-wget"
>    And I type "make" under /buildroot but it fails. I know I must
> misunderstand your instruction. And can you correct me?

Save fake-wget into the uClibc top-level directory.  Then look for
WGET in the uClibc top-level Makefile, and change the value to
"./fakewget".  You may need to mess around a little with directory
names.

Sorry, I can't give you specific instructions or teach you shell
or makefile programming.

Mitch.