[uClibc] buildroot with MTD Utils for target and host?

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Wed Oct 13 19:23:45 UTC 2004

I have typically just added this to jffs2root.mk to build the
mtd erase utils for my target. Since I did not want to redef the
MTD_SITE/SOURCE/DIR etc.

mtde: $(MTD_DIR)/.unpacked
	$(MAKE) LINUXDIR=$(LINUX_DIR) -C $(MTD_DIR)/util clean
	CFLAGS=-I$(LINUX_DIR)/include $(MAKE) CC=$(TARGET_CC) \
	LINUXDIR=(LINUX_DIR) -C $(MTD_DIR)/util \
	lock unlock einfo erase eraseall

But now with the separation between packages and target dirs,
what would be the preferred method to do this?

Would it be best to a mtd-common.mk with the unpack rules?
And where would the file live?
Then 2 separate .mk files one for making mkfs.jffs2 for the
host and then another for making the target erase utils?