[uClibc] ld.so.conf patch used by redhat

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 11 17:57:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 04:55, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This patch related to ld.so.conf handling was added by redhat to
> binutils-2.15.92.0.2-2. Would it be useful for uclibc too?

That patch is a nightmare. We had talked about this one a few days ago
on IRC and agreed that quite a few tools/scripts would have to be
rewritten and add full blown parsers if said patch ever got added to
mainline. In short nobody seemed to like it.

--
Ned Ludd <solar at gentoo.org>
Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer