[uClibc] Re: Adding uClibc++ features

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Tue Oct 5 12:58:53 UTC 2004

On October 5, 2004 04:13 am, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Are you intending to add sinf/cosf/tanf or the math stuff will be left
> > (mostly) out?
>
> It seems that my question was not clear enough ;-(
>
> I am trying to build sun-j2sdk-1.4.2 against uClibc and uClibc++.
> I can build it w/ gcc[-c++]-3.4.2 and libstdc++ from gcc, but if I replace
> libstdc++ w/ uClibc++, I get undefines for sinf/cosf/tanf.
>
> Now, if these functions are/should be coming from libm.so, then it should
> build w/o problems (uClibc is the same), but that does not happen.

Hmmm....in that case, it should just be a matter of altering the include
files.  I'll do that today and check into CVS and then post a message to the
board.

> So how is the [inter]-dependency of these functions w/ the used c++ libs?
>
> Thanks, Peter

The c++ headers should simply be wrapping their C equivalents.  The cmath
header that I have right now is just a copy from the gnu header files.  I
will rewrite myself taking into account the nature of uClibc++.

-	Garrett