[uClibc] __isnanl and __isinfl #ifdefed out?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Nov 29 04:41:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:35:15PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2004 10:27 pm, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > On Sun Nov 28, 2004 at 09:17:41PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> > > Why are there #if 0 guards around these functions in
> > > uClibc/libm/fpmacros.c? math.h happily makes calls to the these suckers
> > > for isnan() and such when used on a long double, and then it dies at link
> > > time.  It might be nice to either take 'em out of the headers, or put 'em
> > > backin the library.  (Maybe a
> >
> > Recall that TODO item about auditing header files?  You've
> > found a prime example of that task not having not yet been
> > completed,
> >
> >  -Erik
>
> Glad to be of service.  I'd happily fix it if I had the foggiest idea why the
> #if 0 was in there in the first place.  (Was it chopped out because it
> doesn't work?  Because it took up too much space?  Should it be
> #if CONFIG_DO_C99_MATH instead of #if 0?  Shouldn't strtold() be chopped out
> also if long double support is missing?)

Not all long double support is missing.  In fact, I don't think any long
double support is currently missing in the libc itself.  Certainly
strtold() is implemented.  But libm is missing most of the long double
funcs, as well as float funcs and complex funcs.

I'm in the middle of rewriting libm.  But haven't been able to look at
it in a couple of weeks because of the move and the new job.

Manuel