[uClibc] adventure with uwoody

Mike Kenzie kenziem at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 23 22:11:10 UTC 2004

download  the uwoody filesystem from http://people.debian.org/~andersee/
onto my dev machine

 root_fs.i386.bz2        15-Aug-2004 01:22  19.9M

then

bunzip2 root_fs.i386.bz2

The next step was to boot the laptop (Compaq aero) with tomsrbt and set up
a plip connection them

mount plipserver:/uwoody -tnfs /mnt

then

dd if=/mnt/root_fs.i386 of=/dev/hda3

6 hours latter this was finished

I then tried booting it and it actually made some progress, I was expecting
a kernel panic because I hadn't copied a kernel over and the old lilo was
still there.

I restarted toms, and the plip connection
I mounted the new uwoody partition

mount /dev/ha3 -text2 /uwoody

and copied over a kernel.

It now booted but had several errors

I corrected etc/fstab
created a lilo.conf and reran /sbin/lilo
and ran depmod

Can't run resize2fs on a mounted file system.

Booted from the Slackware boot disks and resized my partition.
I now have 67000 1k blocks free!

But eth0 and less are missing :(

Now to get the networking going and get the toolchain going

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600
Machines to trade http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600/trade.html