[uClibc] Buildroot patch for SH3/SH3EB SH4EB

Volmat Alain avolmatjp at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Nov 20 13:10:36 UTC 2004

Hi all,

a little patch to enable compilation of the buildroot for
SH3 SH3EB (Big Endian) and SH4 Big Endian. Compilation
work fine for all four architecture (include SH4 little
endian) but I could only test the binary generated for the
SH3 Big Endian since I do not have access to others (I'll
be able to test SH3 Little endian next week but really
don't have SH4).
I noticed some compilation problems (reported on the
mailing list recently) but at least I can say that it
works fine using FC3 as a host machine.
For package, I only test busybox (static) for now.
The toolchain is gcc 3.4.2 + binutils 2.15.92.0.2 based.

By the way, I can also confirm that basic module loading
works using busybox on a SH3 Big Endian (the busybox
source code include a #error to inform that the Big Endian
hasn't been tested. After removing this line it appends to
work just fine. (I just tried rapidly so I'll need to test
a bit more to ensure that it really works fine everytime,
for now I just tried single 2.4.26 kernel module loading).

Here's the patch, but since I couldn't test SH4EB and SH3
maybe a SH3EB only patch would be better ?

Alain