[uClibc] Ten months and a week.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 10 23:25:03 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 16:37, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Wed Nov 10, 2004 at 03:03:29PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > So after six months of being insanely busy, I finally have time to poke
> > at my uclibc based linux from scratch system again, and the most recent
> > release of uclibc is still 0.9.26.  That was released on January 3, over
> > ten months ago.
> >
> > Not to put too fine a point on it: will there ever be another actual
> > release of uclibc ever again?
>
> There will be a release when the remaining items on the
> TODO list for the next release are completed.
>
> http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/uClibc/TODO?rev=1.59&view=auto

Hmmm...  I don't use Buildroot and all the systems around here are Intel, so I
guess the most useful thing I can do is try to audit the header files.  The
first bullet point looks pretty straightforward.  I assume that all the
second bullet point means #ifdef-ing out prototypes (and possibly related
#defines) for things in the *.h files that are already #ifdefed out in the
*.c files?  Or is there more to it than that?

As for "properly versioned buildroot", I don't know what's involved with that.
(Does it have its own todo list, or will that just be a CGI snapshot known to
build with what becomes 2.6.27?)

Also, if we get the first two done, could we maybe have an -rc (since
everything else is testing)?

Rob