[uClibc] Toolchain for SH3EB linux (SH3 big endian)

Alain Volmat avolmat at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sat Nov 6 15:41:45 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I got a question concerning the toolchain which is included inside
buildroot of uclibc. I pulled the buildroot few hours ago from the CVS
to see if I can compile a new toolchain for my linux camera (SH3 7709A).

I noticed that currently SH3 is not in the possible choices for the
architecture when doing make menuconfig. From the SuperH family, currently
only the SH4 is available. Does it mean that there is just no way to build
a toolchain for the SH3 (especially Big Endian ... yeah .. I know .. almost
nobody's using SH3 Big Endian) ? Basically what should be done in order to
improve that ?
If necessary I think I could do things concerning that.

Sincerely,

Alain Volmat