[uClibc] [patch] powerpc 405 errata #77 workaround

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Fri Nov 5 18:57:34 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 Nov 2004 18:25, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 05 November 2004 11:26 am, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Patch attached. I've verified it generates the correct instructions with
> > IDA.
> >
> > I'll have a patch for "toolchain" in a bit. This affects libstdc++ as
> > well.. maybe others.
>
> if i had a cookie to give, you'd get it ;)

heh :)

Unfortunately, I *think* this is only for Rev C ppc 405's. I have a later
revision (D4) I now find out - which may not have the bug. IBM have helpfully
deleted all references to the original errata, so I'm kinda guessing here.

Oh - I'm still having thread debug problems. I've worked out whats going wrong
though - uclibc's implementation of libthread_db.so.1 seems to look up a
global symbol, "__pthread_threads_events". This lookup goes back over the
remote network connection to my GDB instance. For some reason this doesn't
find that symbol.

The symbol itself is defined in libthread.so.0. The only symbols gdb seems to
be looking up belong to the executable file I'm debugging - not any shared
libraries it uses. Anyone seen this before? I'm going to keep digging...