[uClibc] Unresolved symbols

Steve Iribarne steve.iribarne at dilithiumnetworks.com
Wed Nov 3 17:02:26 UTC 2004

I searched and searched but couldn't find anyone with this problem.
It's probably very basic and I've missed a simple step somewhere.

I set up a toolchain with uClibc, use the automagical way.  (Toolchain
setup as /lib/toolchains/uclibc/...)

I then build a version of uClibc.  (run make menuconfig, make, make
install)  make install makes a lib and usr directory in
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc.

I point my busybox and tinylogin to the toolchain
(/lib/toolchains/uclibc/..) and compile.
I make a "sandbox".
I copy files from the uClibc install directory to my sandbox "lib, usr"
directories.

I move all the busybox and tinylog stuff to the right places.

I chroot to the sandbox and I get the error message.

/bin/sh: symbol '__stdin': can't resolve symbol

Particulars:

uClibc version = 0.9.26
Busybox = 1.0_rc3
Tinylogin = 1.4