[uClibc] crt0 and crt1 usage

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Nov 2 22:55:29 UTC 2004

Hello!

I want to clarify the situation about these 2 files, though the
libc/sysdeps/linux/arch/crt0.? files are not sync ;-(

1. if CTOR_DTOR is enabled, these files differ
2. if CTOR_DTOR is disabled, these files are the same
(reading arm|x86|frv|powerpc/crt0.?, all the others have a mixed up
config, either ignoring CTOR_DTOR, some use only __uClibc_start_main,
some only __uClibc_main, some have ifdef PIC, that shouldn't be
there, these should be synced up)

What would happen, if we start ignoring CTOR_DTOR in the crt0.? files and
do:
- build crt0.o always using __uClibc_main
- build crt1.o always using __uClibc_start_main

The only difference to current would be that crt1.o
will use __uClibc_start_main also than, if CTOR_DTOR is disabled
(currently it uses __uClibc_main and is the same file as crt0.o)

Peter