[uClibc] LFS with uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed May 26 01:28:49 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 09:20, Jonas wrote:
> Hello!
> Somebody has been able to building a toolchain or a temporary system
> according to the LFS but with uCLibc?
>
> It would be very cool if somebody indicated how to do it. Thanks

I've been working on it for quite a while myself, except I'm not just
replacing glibc with uclibc but I'm also replacing coreutils and friends with
busybox.  (And yes, getting the result to recompile under itself.  It's not
easy.)

I just flung my chapter 5 script onto my website at
http://www.landley.net/code/firmware/mktools-uclibc.sh and the source tarball
that it uses is in the same directory as "sources.tar.gz".  (That source
tarball also contains all the source for the chapter 6 build, plus some stuff
like dropbear that I intend to add soon...)

The only bit I'm not sure will work is the last few lines that strip the debug
stuff (yesterday they would eat libc.so.0, truncating it to zero length.  I
think I just fixed that, but you can comment those lines out to be safe, it
just means the toolchain will result in a 20.6 megabyte tarball instead of a
7.6 megabyte tarball, but it's functionally equivalent.

I'll have my chapter 6 script up as soon as I finish debugging some stuff.
Maybe tomorrow.

The above is not necessarily a permanent link, but I can leave it there a few
days...

Rob

--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)