[uClibc] Cross compilation problems

Ori Idan ori at helicontech.co.il
Sun May 23 21:08:47 UTC 2004

I have downloaded the buildroot from the CVS and tried to generate the
full toolchain and the linux kernel
During kernel compilation I got several assembly errors on assembly
commands that seem to be i386 assembly while my target is PPC (8260).
I have rechecked the ARCH in the linux makefile and changed it to ppc
(it was taking the name from uname which of course gave i386 as my host
machine is i386).
It seems that I missed a configuration variable to tell it to generate
ppc assembly instead of i386 assembly.

I tried compiling the toolchain for i386 and it went smoothly.

Can someone give me any idea of what am I doing wrong?

--
Ori Idan