[uClibc] Interest in a slackware project?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon May 17 08:32:43 UTC 2004

On Mon May 17, 2004 at 05:08:35AM +0000, Rafael Diniz wrote:

> Em Qui 13 Mai 2004 19:43, Erik Andersen escreveu:
> > And of course there is uwoody (Debian woody compiled with uClibc)
> > as well, which makes for a fine start when building stuff.
>
> Hey, I tested uWoody today and it rocks!!!
>
> I saw two things:
> emacs should depend on a earlier version of libncurses
> (libncurses5_5.2.20020112a and not libncurses ... 2003 ...)
> And lynx depends on zlib1g too.
>
> The distro is very stable. I got no segfaults nor strange behaviours.
>
> Great distro, I think it's the best development distro for uClibc.

Grin.  Thanks.  :-)  One possibly serious problem I noticed
recently is that gcc was not built with --enable-sjlj-exceptions,
so C++ throw and catch stuff won't work.  As a result, gcc should
be rebuilt as well as any C++ stuff.  I started working on that
the other day, but got distracted and havn't finished.