[uClibc] redefinitions if sys/socket.h is included

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri May 14 20:20:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Fri May 14, 2004 at 03:14:20PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> > > Can you show us the code where you are seeing this problem?
> >
> > I have updated ssp.c that uses it and brings duplicates. The correct
> > patch should be limited to #ifdef _LIBC, else some userspace stuff won't
> > build.
>
> I do not know what ssp.c is or what I can find it.  I asked for

I have attached all my current uClibc patches, forget about all the
earlier ones...

ssp (propolice protection in uClibc) patches:
ssp update to v3 and v5, if you update these and enable PROPOLICE, build
uClibc (ssp.c), you'll get the redefinitions, the socket patch that
corrects this is also in the tarball, w/ the needed ifdef mentioned
earlier.
The socket patch will only influence uClibc building itself, but none
of the userland apps.

test-make patch: corrects a test (there is only one issue, if
updating from < cvs20040513 to cvs20040513 the libdl test is not working,
after the update rebuilding uClibc and running the test again it works)

owl-malloc: patch discussed some time ago

ldso-ssp: does not allow usage of the stack protector if gcc supports it,
One question asked earlier related to this: this kind of patch has to be
applied at some location, where libc.so is built too, because libc itself
contains the protection and it won't work. I haven't found the location
in the sources, that only influences building libc.so, but does influence
the other libs (like libm). Could you tell me were this location is, I'll
do a patch for it too.

pie-option: allows the effective usage of FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS
option, w/o the patch, due to the fact, that COMPLETELY_PIC can't be
selected, it can't be enabled (also the link is changed in the docs)

Makefile: allows building against installed /usr/include/[asm/linux],
w/o the need of Makefile in the kernel-sources, does not change the
earlier behaviour, only adds this possibility too (if
/usr/include/linux/version.h is present)

pt_pax (optional): adds PT_PAX support to elf.h (won't be added
officially to glibc)

Peter

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu