[uClibc] How to compile application statically using uClibc

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu May 13 19:00:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 02:06:09AM -0700, Linton wrote:
> I have gcc 2.96 in my system (redhat 7.3) and I have
> compiled uClibc-0.9.26 . I tried to  compile an
> application using those  uClibc library. But I am
> unable to get a statically linked output that uses
> uClibc library. It is using standard glibc.
>
> I followedthis way:
>
> ./configure  --libdir=<uClibc Lib directory>
>
>  make

It takes a lot more than the above...

> Is there any other options to be given ? I am not
> using any toolchain because i the toolchain using gcc
> 2.96 is unavailable.
>
> Kindly help me in this regard.
> Thans in advance
> Best regards
> Linton

You can either port the relevant patches to gcc 2.96, contract us to do
it for you, or (completely unsupported now) try using the old gcc wrapper
that we killed off several releases ago.

Note that we will not answer questions about the old gcc wrapper.

Also note that I will ignore any questions regarding porting the patches
that would take more time to answer than it would take for me to actually
do the work myself.

Manuel