[uClibc] How to compile application statically using uClibc

Linton lintonkjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 13 09:06:09 UTC 2004

I have gcc 2.96 in my system (redhat 7.3) and I have
compiled uClibc-0.9.26 . I tried to  compile an
application using those  uClibc library. But I am
unable to get a statically linked output that uses
uClibc library. It is using standard glibc.

I followedthis way:

./configure  --libdir=<uClibc Lib directory>

 make

Is there any other options to be given ? I am not
using any toolchain because i the toolchain using gcc
2.96 is unavailable.

Kindly help me in this regard.
Thans in advance
Best regards