[uClibc] where does toolchain gcc-3.3.x/sources/binutils-uclibc-001-debian.patch come from?

David Poole daveml at mbuf.com
Tue May 11 23:27:20 UTC 2004

I'm tracking a problem with DT_TEXTREL not being added to ARM
ld-uCblic.so in a toolchain build causing a segfault in a shared
library load because the loader isn't calling mprotect on the .text
section before modifying a 'b' instruction into R_ARM_PC24 dynamic
fields.

The toolchain tarball contains the patchfile
binutils-uclibc-001-debian.patch which hits binutils' bfd/elf32-arm.h
and adds a pc_count structure to struct elf32_arm_relocs_copied.

What's the purpose of pc_count vs count?

binutils releases 2.13, 2.14, snapshots 2.13.92, 2.14.91, and 2.14.92
don't contain the pc_count field so I'm wondering where that patch came
from and if it's a uClibc-only thing or a binutils thing.

(I've tracked the problem to the uClibc binutil linker.
elf32_arm_size_dynamic_sections() and ldso/ldso/arm/resolve.o's BFD
doesn't contain any elf32_arm_relocs_copied data which I'm still trying
to understand.)

Thanks.

--
David Poole <dpoole at mobl.com>