[uClibc] ld-uClibc-0.9.26.so segfaults in arm/dl-startup.h PERFORM_BOOTSTRAP_RELOC()

David Poole daveml at mbuf.com
Fri May 7 22:05:38 UTC 2004

> On May 7, 2004, at 7:26 AM, David Poole wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm.  Did you happen to enable FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS in
>>> your uClibc .config file?

Digging into the original segfault, it's a page permission fault from
pc=0x4000nnnn.

FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS isn't enabled but the _dl_mprotect()
calls weren't being made because neither the uclibc ld.so nor my simple
shared library app have any DT_TEXTREL sections. According to the ARM
ABI document I have (which may be out of date), DT_TEXTREL is "unused
by version 1-2 of the ARM EABI."

I removed the check for DT_TEXTREL and the first segfault "goes away".
I get a new segfault after "Beginning relocation fixups" but at least
that's progress. Is the DT_TEXTREL thing a clue?

--
David Poole <dpoole at mobl.com>
Mobility Electronics, Idaho   http://www.mobl.com