[uClibc] Buildroot and kernel-headers

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Fri May 7 03:09:16 UTC 2004

On 05/07/04 00:53, Henri van Riel wrote:
> I've downloaded a new buildroot tarball and noticed that it uses 2.6.x
> kernel headers. What do I have to change if my target platform is
> still on 2.4.26? Can I simply compile with these 2.6.x headers and
> safely run my apps on a 2.4.26 based kernel?

You may verify that in the toplevel makefile, the lines
"TARGETS+=kernel-headers" is uncommented among the four kernel options.
Then you should take a look at make/kernel-headers.mk. There you should
be able to specify the version you want to use.

I don't think building the buildroot against 2.6 headers and using it on
a 2.4 system would work, since uClibc depends on the kernel headers.

Selwyn