[uClibc] buildroot, toolchain or root_fs?

Henri van Riel uclibc at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Wed May 5 12:58:04 UTC 2004

Hello Selwyn,

ST> On 05/05/04 15:08, Henri van Riel wrote:
>> Do I need gcc-3.3.2 to build a rootfs with gcc-3.3.2 or can I compile
>> with any other gcc version? I have: gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat
>> Linux 7.3 2.96-113)

ST> I am not sure if it's a problem with your gcc. But anyway, gcc-2.96 from
ST> the RedHat distro is no good. Maybe you should install 2.95 or 3 on your
ST> host and see if the problem persists.

I've build gcc-3.3.2 now. I had 1 segmentation fault during the build.

The workaround for that seems to be to go into the directory where it
failed and type `make <program-it-was-trying-to-compile>.o`. Chances
are it will compile without a problem and then return to top-level and
type `make` again. Compilation will continue where it left off...

I'm now trying to build buildroot but I had 2 segfault so far. I did
the same trick as described above and it's still going. Obviously the
segfaults don't have much to do with the gcc version.

My next problem is the limited amount of diskspace :( I had over 550mb
available but it seems the build needs more...:

cp: writing `/home/uClibc/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/_inst.26344_': No space left on device

Great, back to square 1... :( :(

--
Henri.