[uClibc] Automake problem buildng "joe" in uClibc buildroot

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Sat May 1 02:56:03 UTC 2004

I'm trying to build the JOE editor (version 2.9.8) in a uClibc
buildroot. My buildroot has successfully built all the other stuff I
need, including some stuff I've added (device-mapper, LVM2, xfsprogs,
etc), that use GNU autotools for their build systems.

This packages uses a normal autotools build system; the configure script
and Makefile don't look to be out of the ordinary at all. However, when
it installs, automake is (for some reason) prefixing the binary names
with "i386-linux", which I presume is happening because it thinks this
is a cross-compile (which it is) and the binary being created is for the
host (which it is not).

Has anyone else seen this behavior?