[uClibc] compiling curl against uClibc

Luis Marquez luism at digitalpath.net
Mon Mar 29 18:29:08 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get curl to compile against uclibc and I keep running
into problems. Has anyone had any luck with it? Curl seems to finish
compiling, but when I try to run the executable I get errors saying "not
found" like it is trying to load a library and can't find it. I've tried
symlinking libc.so.6 to curl's libc.so.0 without any success. from the
output of ldd it looks like curl is still being partially built against
my system C library and not uClibc.

libc.so.0 > /lib/libc.so.0
libcurl.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
/lib/ld.so.1 => /lib/ld.so.1

I have modified the Curl makefiles with the following:

LDFLAGS = -nostdlib
LIBS = path to curl's libc.so

There are a few errors, but everything does seem to finish compiling. Am
I missing anything?  I was also going to try and build curl under one of
the mipsel pre-build development images, but after I chroot into it and
run a command it seems to hang indefinitely.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Luis