[uClibc] Unable to build strace

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Mar 24 02:07:24 UTC 2004

I can't help with the cross-compile, I've not yet tread that road.

But I had no problems building strace with the following:

pkg strace-4.5.1

url http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/strace/strace-4.5.1.tar.bz2

build \
    tar xjf strace-4.5.1.tar.bz2
    cd strace-4.5.1
    LDFLAGS=-static CFLAGS=-Os ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc
    make
    make DESTDIR=$BPM_ROOT install

i.e. absolutely nothing clever needed at all, on Bent Linux, which
is uClibc-based, currently the snapshot from 2004-02-12. This is at
the moment a purely x86-only project, bootstrapped using the root
image but standalone for some time now. Everything available from
<URL:http://bent.latency.net/bent/>. I have no reason to believe
this would be any help in making the cross-compile work, though.

-Bennett