[uClibc] sparc32 linux syscall fixes

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Mar 19 22:22:45 UTC 2004

On Mon Mar 15, 2004 at 02:04:32AM +0100, Stefan Holst wrote:
> hi!
>
> the attached patch fixes compilation for linux-sparc.
> __NR_(s|g)etres(u|g)id syscall numbers are not defined
> for sparc32, but __NR_(s|g)etres(u|g)id32 are.
> i didn't check deeply whether the *32 versions differ
> from the other ones but at least it compiles better.

Applied.

> socket syscall isn't implemented in linux but
> __NR_socket is defined. the patch undefs __NR_socket for
> linux so that socketcall syscall is used. this has
> been tested and works much better.

I'm extremely hesitant to apply this one...  Doing a

    grep -r __NR_socket /usr/src/linux-2.6.4/include/

shows mips, parisc, ia64, x86_64, sparc, alpha, and sparc64 at
least seem to think they have a __NR_socket syscall, and some of
these arches do not have __NR_socketcall....  I think this part
of the patch needs a bit more thought before going in.