[uClibc] LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

Barry Kauler void at dodo.com.au
Sat Mar 13 14:10:40 UTC 2004

I'll throw in my 5 cents worth!
Using uClibc 0.9.24, I found that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was totally ignored.
It didn't matter what I set it to. The loader only looked in
/lib, /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib.

...it's getting onto a couple of months since I played with this,
and I don't have all the details of what I experimented with, but I
do recall that LD_LIBRARY_PATH seemed to be ignored.
I also used ldconfig and that didn't work either -- don't flame me
for lack of details, I'm just making the point that there is trouble
here. I probably need to upgrade to the latest uClibc and try
again, with exact details of what if anything is wrong.
I was using the ready-made i386 root fs.

Regards,
Barry Kauler