[uClibc] kernel 2.4.17 error on ksyms.c

Alain Toussaint toussainta at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 12 02:50:59 UTC 2004

> Given the current todo
> list, I doubt perl will be working in buildroot anytime soon unless
> either someone submits a patch or someone contracts us to get it
> working (which has a way of reordering priorities).

Well,i don't know how to code anything else than the EIA RS-274 language
(the language used to drive CNC turning & machining centers) and i'm
seriously broke but i guess it's time i post a small document on
building buildroot under itself (the only thing gentoo specific is the
autoconf step):

1-: export AUTOCONF=/usr/bin/autoconf-2.59 (my system default to v2.13
otherwise)

2-: export CFLAGS="the compiler flags for your system"

3-: export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

4-: nano -w Makefile  (edit all the options and apps you want to
compile)

here's the list of targets:

TARGETS+=uclibc-configured binutils gcc3_3
TARGETS+=kernel-headers
TARGETS+=busybox tinylogin
TARGETS+=zlib openssl
TARGETS+=coreutils findutils bash make diffutils patch sed
TARGETS+=ed flex bison file gawk tar grep bzip2
TARGETS+=ncurses-headers zlib-headers openssl-headers
TARGETS+=m4 autoconf automake libtool
TARGETS+=gzip jpeg less libglib mke2fs util-linux
TARGETS+=ext2root

5-: make -f Makefile all

after the compilation's done

6-: export CFLAGS="-static $CFLAGS"

7-: export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

8-:make -f Makefile gcc3_3_target (that compile binutils and gcc
statically linked to uclibc)

Finally,i compiled these apps separately:

1-: gettext (my primary language is french).

2-: Perl 5.8.3 with these Configure options (i haven't tried yesterday's
patch yet):

/bin/bash Configure -d -e -O -Uuseperlio

3-: ncurses needed its apps (tic and friends) to build:

configure ncurses,get in the progs directory,run make and then copy the
executable in /usr/bin,i also needed to copy the terminal definitions
from my system ( /usr/share/terminfo ) into a directory in the _second_
buildroot,don't know which and i'd readily assume i did something wrong
somewhere but i didn't had the time to investigate,will do so ASAP.

4-: configuring m4 with the --enable-changeword option is needed for
flex to build (this was a tough one to crack)

5-: texinfo