[uClibc] options parsing w/ uclibc-cvs

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Mar 8 20:17:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 05:36:41PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> The following worked before the incompat changes to uclibc-0.9.26(cvs)
> were done:
> rpm -bb --target i586 <filename> --nodeps
> now, it works only rpm -bb --nodeps --target i586 <filename> (not even rpm
> -bb --target i586 --nodeps <filename> works, although this is correct
> syntax)

I don't use rpm, so it it difficult for me to test the above.  In any
case, you don't give any details about how it fails.

> I have also problem w/ install from busybox. On the busybox list someone
> said that it works correctly w/ glibc, so uClibc could be the cause too.
>
> install <filename> <DESTDIR>
> tries to do
> install <filename> <DESTDIR>/<filename>/<filename>
>
> it happens if I chroot to uclibc-buildroot (uclibc cvs) and try to run
> make install DESTDIR=<somedir> (for busybox/uClibc and many others)

You have reported this a number a times.  Yet I can not reproduce it.
I just tried again in a fresh buildroot build.  In a rootfs, I built
busybox and then did "make PREFIX=/tmp/fred/joe/chuck install".  It
installed without a problem.

Unless you can do at least some debugging of these issues, or give me
access to a test environment, there isn't much I can do.

Manuel