[uClibc] uclibc on OSX?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Jun 29 01:03:38 UTC 2004

On Mon Jun 28, 2004 at 05:51:19PM -0700, OpenMacNews wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm brand new to uclibc (via the dev env for the Sveasoft firmware upgrade
> to my Linksys WRT54G router)
>
> i note that uclibc is supported on "PowerPC", but have found little/no info
> on its use on OSX ...

I think there is a very important part of your question
missing...  Are you hoping to port uClibc so it will run
natively on OSX?  Or were you asking about simply cross-
compiling up a Linksys WRT54G root_fs using OSX as your
build system?

Both are certainly feasible.  The former would require a
lot of work, while the latter I would expect to "just work"
without any significant effort,