[uClibc] Thread Groups with Pthreads

Michael O'Brien mob at mbedthis.com
Fri Jun 25 17:30:25 UTC 2004

Has anyone had experience with this problem:

I'm creating threads and one thread forks a child. The other thread then
waits (waitpid) on that child until it dies.

With uClibc vs glibc: the thread group ID (getpid) for a pthread_create
process is different. On glibc they are the same.

This means that calls to waitpid from another thread will not succeed
under uClibc as they are in different thread groups.

So why does uClibc create child threads in a different thread group ?
Can I control / modify this behavior under uClibc to be more like glibc?

Michael

--
Michael O'Brien
Mbedthis Software