[uClibc] Toolchain Error

Michael Palme m.palme at goepel.com
Mon Jun 21 08:04:47 UTC 2004

it was only an experiment. on lots of programs ive experienced problems
with configure scripts while crosscompiling. ive very often encountered
the problem "compiler can't create executables...". in most case the
workaround was to hack the related configure script to simulate a
successful execution of the compiled testprogram.

thats exactly what ive tried to get the toolchain build...

i think there is something fundamental wrong somewhere in the cross- gcc
configure process... on my trials ive lots of other errors with wrong
include paths... register naming related assembler errors and so on...

cheers

Mark Beckwith schrieb:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 02:22:29PM +0200, Michael Palme wrote:
>
>>hello,
>>
>>i have encountered exactly the same errors. i've hacked the configure
>>script to pass
>>this test - but when i use this the build fails later.
>

> Michael,
>
> Could you tell me where/how you hacked the script?  I'm at a loss when it
> comes to debugging config scripts.  Maybe I could take a look at it and
> be able to help.  I've got a buddy that is experienced with configure
> scripts and between us we should be able to fix it.
>
> Then we should get CVS access to fix the toolchain.
>
> Mark
>

>>i am not able to build one of the current toolchain versions from cvs
>>(2.95.x, 3.3.x). in the past i've successfully build
>>arm-linux-uclibc-0.9.15-gcc3.2, arm-linux-uclibc-0.9.17-gcc3.2.2,
>>arm-linux-uclibc-0.9.20-gcc3.3 and some other cross toolchains with full
>>libc - so there is no general problem with my development system.
>>
>>cheers, Michael Palme
>>

>>>I've attached the config.log of the failure.  Could you please help me
>>>interpret the problem?  The failure is at the bottom.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Mark

Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Michael Palme