[uClibc] gcc-3.4.0

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jun 19 09:57:50 UTC 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 06:06, Niki Waibel wrote:
> has anyone already tried to modify the toolchain patches
> for gcc-3.4?
>
> ported the binutils patches for binutils 2.15 and 2.15.91.0.1..
> see http://truereality.sourceforge.net/uclibc/
>
> but the patches for gcc are more complicated to port.
> at least i could modify them to work with gcc-3.3.3...
>
> niki

I don't use patches against gcc.  I use sed invocations. :)

See my build script at http://www.landley.net/code/firmware (I've got a new
version almost ready and will be putting it up there in a few days.)

Yes, in many ways I'm reinventing buildroot.  But I don't like overly-complex
usage of "make".  A language should either be imperative or declarative.
Pick one.  Make makes you use both at the same time, which is evil even
without the difference between tabs and spaces.

Rob
(People who bitch about python's significant indentation happily use make.  At
least with python it's _visible_ whitespace that matters...)
--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)