[uClibc] Porting uClibc to an MMU based architecture

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Thu Jun 10 14:11:41 UTC 2004

I'm afraid I can't help with most of your questions, but:

2004-06-10T11:48:16 Robin Singh:
> As I understand, uClibc gained the functionality to run on
> processors with MMUs fairly recently, the primary aim so far being
> to run on MMU-less processors.

I can't testify where the focus really is right now, but I jumped on
this bandwagon back last winter, and have found uClibc to be a
viable glibc replacement for my Linux workstation (a Vaio
Picturebook). There are certainly still plenty of folks using it for
embedded applications on MMU-less microcontrollers, but I've heard
of other folks doing roughly the same thing I am (basically a Linux
From Scratch w/ uClibc, I'm packaging mine), and folks are also
doing Debian- and Gentoo-based uClibc Linux installs.

So you're catching us at a good time:-).

-Bennett