[uClibc] Installing uwoody

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Jun 7 21:09:33 UTC 2004

On Mon Jun 07, 2004 at 04:24:53PM -0400, Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
> Might somebody be able to give me brief instructions/pointers
> on installing uwoody?  I've spent a few good hours today with
> no luck.  My test system works worse than when I started.

There are a few ways to do it... You can loop mount the
ext2 image and copy the files off it, then chroot in.

You can make an empty directory, cd in, then untar the
tarball, then chroot in.

You can dd the ext2 image to a partition on a spare drive
(overwriting everything), then use resize2fs to fill the
partition.  Then mount the partition, copy in a kernel,
install and grub for a fully standalone machine.

There are no doubt many other ways to get things going, but
the last suggestion is how I have _my_ uwoody system setup,