[uClibc] about the name of your project

George Andreou georgea at her.forthnet.gr
Thu Jun 3 11:33:23 UTC 2004

Hello guys,

I am Greek, and as I was browsing the Internet, I follow some links and
found your site.
Reading in the FAQ:

Why is it called uClibc?

The letter 'u' is short for µ (the greek letter "mu"). µ is commonly
used as the abbreviation for the word "micro". The capital "C" is short
for "controller". So the name uClibc is sortof an abbreviation for "the
microcontroller C library". For simplicity, uClibc is pronounced
"yew-see-lib-see".
<<<

I am sorry to inform you for your error here.
You see, there is no letter "mu" in the greek language.
µ is called "mi" in greek. "Mu" maybe it is the sound of a cow, but
definitely not the greek letter µ.

Consider change the name of your lib or the explanation...

thank you, bye bye

George

--
George Andreou
Student of Applied Mathematics, University of Crete at Heraklion