[uClibc] gcc built on uClibc appears not behave correctly...

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Jun 2 19:30:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Robert Urban wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on a RedHat 8.0 machine with gcc 3.2, I tried to build the linux
> 2.6.6 kernel using two different uClibc root-fs images:
>
> 1. the pre-built one which uses gcc v3.3.2:
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/uclibc/root_fs_i386.bz2
>
> 2. one that I built using buildroot, which uses gcc 3.3.3
>
> In both cases the build failed at the same spot with the same
> error message.
>
> The error message:
>
> gcc -Wp,-MD,drivers/pci/.gen-devlist.d -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
> -fomit-frame-pointer -o drivers/pci/gen-devlist drivers/pci/gen-devlist.c
> gcc: Internal error: Aborted (program collect2)
> Please submit a full bug report.

 Not exactly the same as your problem, but on one of my weird boxes
(AmigaOne) I get massive numbers of internal compiler errors with
gcc-3.3.3, but 3.3.2 succeeds.  In my case it's perhaps a flakiness in
the (non-merged) kernel, and probably also a cooling problem - gcc-3.3.3
seems to run the box hotter.  In your case, check cooling and (if it's
an x86 box) try memtest86.

Ken