[uClibc] coreutils-5.2.1 and undefined reference to `__fixunsxfdi'

Roberto Nibali ratz at tac.ch
Wed Jun 2 14:27:15 UTC 2004

ADDENDUM: I've meanwhile resolved the issue.

> make[4]: Entering directory `@/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.1-uclibc/src'
> gcc  -g -O2  --static -s -o du  du.o ../lib/libfetish.a  ../lib/libfetish.a
> ../lib/libfetish.a(closeout.o)(.text+0xaa): In function `close_stdout':
> @/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.1-uclibc/lib/closeout.c:93: warning: This
> version of __fpending returns bytes remaining in buffer for both narrow
> and wide streams. glibc's version returns wide chars in buffer for the
> wide stream case.
> ../lib/libfetish.a(human.o)(.text+0x31): In function `adjust_value':
> @/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.1-uclibc/lib/human.c:79: undefined reference
> to `__fixunsxfdi'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [du] Error 1

I have built an own fresh toolchain with the excellent Makefile found within the
buildroot framework. This solved the issue above.

One little thing I would like to note. When using the automake tools I've often
faced the warning that the arch tool was not available. Since this is just a
replacement for uname -m I'd like to propose the inclusion of a tiny little
script in /usr/bin/arch into the toolchain. Something along the lines of:

#!/bin/sh
#
# replacement for the arch binary

uname -m

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  tel://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356