[uClibc] Size problem with c++ implementation

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Thu Jul 22 22:20:27 UTC 2004

I'm working on a standard c++ library implementation, and everything code-wise
is going well.  Unfortunately, compiled code size is quite large for
executibles.  A iostream "hello world" program linked aginst GNU libstdc++ is
about 4.3k after stripping.  When linked against my library it is 19k.

Every trick I try (including instantiating templates inside the library to
reduce code expansion) seems to do very little.

Can anybody give me some suggestions on what I can do to try and reduce the
size of the final executibles?

All code is being compiled/run on a standard AMD Athlon machine.

Thanks.

-	Garrett Kajmowicz